Progress Report: 2019, Week 6

There isn’t much to report this week I fear. Most of this week has been spent evaluating possible features for inclusion during our upcoming playtest, what might be necessary and researching different UI architecture for Unity. Oddly, this seems to be a topic not often discussed which is going to make BiosHub tricky to design since it relies so much on the UI. Additionally, due to a death in the family I’ve had to spend some time on that so this is a pretty spartan week for updates.

Next week I intend to update the dice roller, implement an update log and hopefully a chat system of sorts. This will be intended to allow inline chat rolls e.g. /roll 2d6+5. From there, a better token and map interface are on the to-do list before character sheet implementation is begun.

Did I say not much to report? Well that day wasn’t over yet! A chat window has been added complete with partial network support. While newly joined players won’t get previous chat messages, connected players hear everything as it happens!

Dice rolls are now sent to the chat window so you always know what was rolled and in what order! Additionally, dice rolling sounds play for each roll and a temporary sound is played for new chat messages.